Dec 10, 2012

Wrapped Peppermint Candy Pillow



What I have to show you today isn't anything spectacular and I don't even remember who I "borrowed" the idea from, but when I seen it, I knew that it was something I could do with a sweet pillow I found at a garage sale. 

 pillow, Christmas decor, holiday pillow, candy cane,

The one I seen actually had their pillow wrapped in a piece of cellophane and, as stinkin' cute as that was, I thought it could be somewhat noisy and easily finger printed up. You would need to replace it yearly. Since I'm basically lazy & cheap frugal, I wanted something that would last - especially since this was going to be sold at my craft show, I wanted it to make it worth the price for whomever purchased it.

I came up with what I thought was the perfect solution. 
pillow make over, Christmas pillow, holiday pillow, Christmas decor, Holiday decor,
I wrapped the pillow in a piece of tulle and just tied it on the ends even though I thought the pillow was darling just by itself. My daughter wanted to keep it, but unfortunately, you can't make any money if  you keep everything you like and you will run out of room in your house too. Trust me on that one.  And as tempting as it is to cheat and just sell it the way I found it, it helps to add some little something to kick it up a notch. I like to call it "simple with a WOW factor."

It turns out that my daughter must have the same taste as many other little girls close to her 9 years of age because every one of them that walked by it at the craft show wanted it. The one that ended up with it must have visited it 4 or 5 times before finally making it hers. I felt kinda of guilty for not letting my own daughter enjoy it, but goodness, she gets so much as it is. You have to draw the line sometimes. I'd like to believe it's in good hands.


Photobucket 
I'm linking up to the following parties:

 


The Chicken Chick

10 comments:

Being Home said...

Ha! This is so darn adorable! :) I want one. Perfect use of tulle.

Julie

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm not surprised that every little girl wanted that sweet (pardon the pun) pillow!

the cape on the corner said...

i swear i can smell peppermint when i opened your blog! this is such a great idea! coming over from a-z.

Cynthia said...

Very cute!

Cynthia

Tracy said...

This is just so adorable!!!!
I have seen these on pinterest made out of foam, wrapped in cellophane with sticks in them. They are for outside decor...I was planning of making some...I have so many plans, lol.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

How cute is that???!!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

that is just cute as can be! I didn't put out my christmas pillows this year but now I am rethinking it. I still have a week right? Happy Holidays! :)

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

This pillow is so stinkin' cute! No wonder your daughter and all the other girls wanted it! I will have to be on the lookout for round pillows!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Yes, I think you definitely added the "wow" factor on that pillow -- so doggone cute!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Really cute pillow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...