Aug 19, 2011

A quick project

Since I have been able to get a laptop (FINALLY!) I have been able to install my Cricut Design Studio program (FINALLY TOO!) After all the hocus pocus to get the program up and functioning properly for actual use, I decided to give letter welding a try. That's probably one of the easiest functions in the program. I tell ya, I can't wait to start making my own image designs on that when I get some free time, which at this point won't be until after the holidays - seriously. I am pretty much into full craft show production mode right now. So, I made this little decorative sign for the show. I got my inspiration for this picture from an older Country Sampler magazine that I've saved for at least a year now. The picture I clipped out was pretty small, but it showed the design with white letters and no burlap background. To be honest with you, I really love how mine turned out - actually even better than the inspiration. Hmmm....I should have taken a picture of the inspiration image. I'm seriously not great at blogging and I know I could not make a living at it.
Believe, Christmas, Holiday, holidays, burlap


This is just a regular 5x7 picture frame that I found at a garage sale. Oddly enough, it had another picture frame inside this frame. That frame was one of those cheapo metal frames like from the 70's and 80's. I don't know if that was how it was meant to be or if they modified it themselves to give it a little brass accent to the inside of the frame opening or what. I popped that sucker out, gave the metal piece to the hubs and told him to add to his scrap metal collection and I saved the glass. Then I just sanded the wood a little for that trendy distressed look. I'm almost tempted to keep it for myself!

It's pretty bad that even though I just made this, I can't recall which cartridge I used for the font, but I think it was Botanicals and the star cut is from the George cartridge. The word is cut from black vinyl and it's on the inside of the glass so you can still clean the outside without worrying about the vinyl peeling off.

So, that's my project for this week and I'm linking it up over at Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Night Special this week for the Farm/Western Things category. If the burlap doesn't fit in the FARM category, then what does? ;^)




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Also linking up with House of Hepworth!

Went and took the son shopping for clothes and the rest of what he needs for college next week. So exciting and a little sad to know he's going so soon. He's a very good kid and a little short on the common sense end of life and quite a bit naive...and no, I'm not being naive about what his knowledge of things. He's not used to a big city like Indianapolis, so I worry about his safety. His room mate is from Indy, but gives my son the impression that he's been quite protected even more than my kid. I hope they end up being good friends and look out for each other.

That's it for now, God Bless and have a great day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Your frame sure does fit the category....love it!
Glad to see you finally able to play with your Design Studio....have some fun for me while you're at it. :)

Pioneer Mom said...

Cute! I like burlap, and am looking for ideas...found you over at FJI!

Tracy said...

Love your project!
I have a whole bunch of old Country Sampler mags that I can't get rid of. Love them.

As for your son going away. Oh I would be a wreak. Not because I don't trust my girls, I just want them near me all the time.
Good for you for knowing he need to spread his wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...