Sep 9, 2011

A few things to share today


































First, I wanted to show you that we have our first tree starting to turn color in our woods where we live. I didn't notice it yesterday, so it must have just happened overnight with all the cool temps and drizzle we've been getting from the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee. I'm glad it's just remnants and not what those poor people in Pennsylvania and the Virginias got. WOW! Our dogwoods are starting to turn too, but they're just a brownish green at this point, but they can turn a beautiful shade of burgundy with their pretty red berries in the fall season.


I have been working like a person with ADHD lately on projects for my upcoming fall craft shows. No lie! I've been crazy multi-tasking, but cleaning my house hasn't been part of the tasks. ~*SNORT!*~


Remember I was working on a girly Graduation mini album? Yep, still am. I only have the Senior year to go, so why don't I just finish it already? Ummm.... I'll get back to ya on that....


In the meantime, I've decided to work on what ever has inspired me. One of those projects is a star shaped paper mache box that I found at a garage sale at least 3 years ago. I don't even remember what I had in mind when I purchased the thing, but it was different since it was a star shape.


This is the bottom part of the box. I almost forgot to take BEFORE pictures, so that's why it's in two pieces.








 
This is the lid. It has an unusual stamp image on there because I was testing out a technique that didn't turn out the way I was expecting.









 This is how it turned out after I covered it with some red ticking fabric.









 And yes, I even did the primitive hand stitching on the little tea stained label that spells "believe." It's not as cute as the "inspiration" example I saw, but I'm still happy with it.

















I can't decide if I like it with the lid on or standing up inside the box. But I do think it's kinda cute sitting on top of that rustic wreath!









I made a couple more smaller chalkboards, but I only remembered to take a photo of one. The other one is cute, but simple and meant for a boy. If I remember, I'll get a picture posted of that one soon.









This is the crackle detail on the little paper mache star.










I am plugging away at all those projects in my own ADD way - some day!


I also want to put a shout there to a new blog I just found called Robyn Story Designs and Boutique. She's going to be announcing a cool and fun new contest for crafters. It's going to be a wealth of inspiration for those who make stuff, or even if you're just looking for inspiration for new ideas. This sounds like it's going to be the place to be! The rules and details haven't been officially announced yet, but you have the opportunity to win a $250 Visa Gift card!! I do know you have to make a Christmas item of your choice using anything you want as long as you use something that is being repurposed. Ummm, I think this contest has MY name all over it, dontcha think? ;^)




I'm linking up to House of Hepworths Christmas link party and {Easy} Digital Scrapbooking and crafts! 





God Bless and have a great day!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

Ohh, wonderful primitive star box and chalkboard! I love them, Beth! And how awesome that your trees are already turning colors for Fall! Wow! That's early! I'm ready :)

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness that star altered box is stunning....I SO LOVE IT. The hand stitched detail makes it perfect.
The leaves are turning and falling here as well :(

Sherry said...

You're so creative, I like the star box

Jessica Christiansen said...

So cute! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up! http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/12/anything-goes-linky-party_08.html. Thanks for sharing!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Such a sweet little box with that ticking and I LOVE the primitive stitching!!! Thanks SO much for sharing at my Winter Wonderland party over at I Gotta Create!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

I featured you on my facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall
<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...