Jan 18, 2011

~Fun news & a new card~

I got an AWESOME email last night telling me that one of my scrapbook pages has been accepted for publication for the new Cricut Magazine!!! YAY!!!! I have not yet been able to see this magazine, as this is it's debut this month. From the sneak peaks I've seen, it looks to be so full of mind blowing inspiration, that you'll think you're in Cricut overload (Heaven, right?) My scrapbook page will in the June/July issue in the Everyday Life section. All I can say about my page is that I think it's pretty AND it's interactive! Be sure to look for it!


Now, here's something that I finally made this year!
















Have a peak at this little card with coordinating envelope. Actually, this is a somewhat re-creation of the original card. I made the card for one of my daughter's really good friends for her party on Sat. Now tell me, have you ever done this? Told yourself to not forget to do something, & in the next breath, you did forget!! Well, that's exactly what I did. I even told myself repeatedly not to forget to take a picture of that card before we left for the party, but ultimately, I did forget. Since I really liked the card & wanted to change or add a few details that I didn't have the time or forethought to do with the first one, I decided to make another one. It's very close, the only things that are different are the sizes on a few things and the addition of some glitter glue called Stickles & some Glimmer Mist that is a subtle shimmery spray. All you paper crafters probably know this, but there are newbies & non-paper crafters that may not be aware of these fun products.

The card base & envelope with liner are from Wild Card cartridge & the cat and hearts are from Four Legged Friends Lite cartridge that was a Walmart Black Friday special. I wasn't sure I wanted it, but the Christmas one was gone already, so I got this and the Twinkle Toes Ballerina ones. I'm actually glad I did. This cart has some kinda funky looking animals, but some are pretty cool & so dimensional looking. My daughter picked out the cat image for this and ya know what? I might just be making her school valentines using that scalloped heart cut! ;)

Well that's it for today. I have been a bit slow in showing anything creative, but I do have a garden junk project to show very soon! So if you're into that, stay tuned!


God Bless and have a great day!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This is such a fun card, love the shape.
Forget something....thats my middle name, teehee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...