Dec 30, 2008

Lecture coming....

OK, this is not going to be one of my nicer posts & I do this from time to time, because it's MY blog & I can.

Here's my gripe today....when are people going to learn? Do they turn the page & just forget the last chapter they read? What am I talking about? I'm talking about people who have returned to their high speed driving habits now that the price of gas has dropped to a more reasonable rate. Did you all forget how we got (partly) where we were just 5 short months ago? I ain't saying that the price of gas went up because everyone was driving like their house was on fire & they had to get there to put it out. Oh no, that's NOT what I'm saying! I believe that the sky rocket price of gas was just plain & simple GREED BY THE GAS COMPANIES - in my opinion it was government allowed TERRORISM (that's a whole other chapter). What I am saying is that I have continued to drive the speed limit & sometimes even a little slower to do my part. It still saves ME gas in the long run anyway, but I am usually getting left in everyone's dust on the highway. Obviously all of these people still have a job to go to, right? Why else would they be in such a freakin' hurry? Now, don't get me wrong, I was a lead footer up until about a year ago, so I have been guilty of the same crime. The difference is that I have not already forgotten what our gas expense was back in Aug. - almost $500 in one month & I don't go to a job & my husband has a company vehicle & gas card, so we don't really have to pay to drive to a job everyday. I rarely wandered more than 15 miles from home. This was $500 for going to Walmart people! This month our gasoline bill was $145, the first time in, well, ever. The flip side to this story is now my DH has had his hours cut & I pray they don't go any less than that. I am now trying to look for work, just in case he does get his hours cut more, but I'm not counting on finding one with the the job hunters flooding the market desperately looking for work. I'm not asking you to cry me a river, because I have been very blessed this year. My husband still has a job, but his employer is struggling, like so many others. But, I digress...

So, if you are one of these guilty speed people, then shame on you! If you are one of the guilty ones & you're reading this & getting mad at me, then I say Good - we're even, because I'm just as f**ing p!ssed at you as I am the gas companies, for wasting everyone's gas unnecessarily & possibly causing the price to go back up, because it just did here yesterday!

I believe the price gouging we've experienced in the past 4 years was a truly needed wake up call for all the driver's of the world, although it was much too excessive, but once we got the price back down, some of you fell asleep at the wheel again.

WAKE UP!!!

Quit sniffing the gas fumes from constantly filling up your tank & do YOUR part! I'm not doing my part just so you can have more!

I wish I could say that speaking my mind here has made me feel better, but it doesn't. I know I'm gonna get p!ssed off again the next time I get passed on the highway by a dozen people hurrying to get to the gas station to fill up - for the 3rd time this week.

I don't normally get a big following on my blog, so I doubt that I will spark much rage among those few that do visit. BTW-thank you. But perhaps, someone different will see this & if I make a better difference with just one person, then I can say I'm doing my part even better. Knowing my luck though, I'll probably have the Feds beating down my door for using the word Terrorism.

God Bless & have a cheaper fuel day while it lasts!
Beth M

1 comment:

rose said...

ROFL!!
aint it good to vent!!!

I have a little something for you on my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...