Sep 18, 2007

Altered Art

Here is a layout I did based on a sketch that Rose1 did as a challenge for the Design Team on the KTCrafts( http://ktcrafts.8.forumer.com/forum). I'm not on that design team, but I was really inspired to use these Bo Bunny papers for that sketch! I have switched the middle & last flower around at the top of the page after realizing that it looked off balance.


**************************************************
This is an altered iron shaped picture clip. The wooden iron shaped clip was one of two that came in a boxful of unfinished wooden items, such as a plate, a box with a hinged lid, plaques, etc., that I got at an auction in Wisconsin 15 years ago. The auction was the aunt of my mother-in-law at that time. Her aunt use to do what she called Rose Mahling (sp?), which must be like tole painting. This one was already painted a teal blue. It had some sketches on it, so it must have been getting ready for painting. I decided to crackle over the teal paint instead. Then I attached a piece of battenburg lace that I picked up at a garage sale & tea stained. Finally, I glued on some antique buttons that I also got at a garage sale. I thought adding a picture printed in a sepia tone would be the right compliment to this in a vintage style setting. The picture is of my daughter last fall when she was playing in the leaves.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...