Ya know, this post was going to go in a different direction today than it ended up turning out. It was supposed to be a good idea, and I was going to be proud, and it was going to be sold - and fast. Instead, I ended up mad at myself for not leaving well enough alone in order to get that perfect money shot.
But now, I'm going to have to come up with some other idea that will be less impressive
Here was my original project that I have to re-create. Isn't it pretty?
See that? That marker holder up there?
That was the demise of my project. It's a long stupid story, but that's usually how all my stories go with the whole "cause and effect" thing. It started because I didn't like this image with that upside down drawer pull not being screwed on yet and being crooked and all.
At the time, there was all this writing on the it to show that this is supposed to be a dry erase board. But, I wanted the board clean, and in cleaning it, I pushed the beadboard and glass out no, this isn't where it broke. Soooo, wanting NOT to break it, I moved it to the carpeting and laid it down so I could get them back in more carefully nope, still hadn't broke. Wouldn't ya know? this is where it breaks As I'm sliding the glass into the opening, the glass got a little crooked and wedged in there, and slicker than snot, it snapped the top corner right off.
Yes, there is quite the tone of sarcasm when I say that.
I bought the picture frame at a flea market last fall for a great price and I loved that it
I suppose my one consolation is that I can cut this glass down to a smaller size and perhaps get more smaller dry erase boards out of it. At least I am trying to look on the bright side.
**************************************4/18/12 Update ~ I've fixed my broken glass dilemma now and you can see the follow-up post for that by clicking HERE.
AND.....I was featured at Hating Martha!! Woo hoo!!
A big stanky thank you!!
Have a creative day!
Linking up to these parties: