May 6, 2011

Garage Sale find

Before I went over to my friend's house to work on Staff Appreciation gifts on Thursday, she called me up & said there was a garage sale at one of the mansions if I wanted to check it out. I thought, hmmmm.... might be too pricey for my blood, but ya never know.

So I go & check it out, but it was mostly clothes with just a few odds & ends left. But. Over along the side was this coffee table. Looking kinda cool, but it required a closer look. And that's what I gave it too, a much closer look. The only thing wrong with this table was that the finish is a bit worn, but not even that bad really. no dings. no wobbly legs. solid wood. cool basket weave top. unique elongated octagon shape. best part? $5! Yep, that baby was MINE! I didn't even have $5 on me, but the lady was nice enough to hold it for me so I could go get some cash. She was willing to take a check, but at the price of those suckers, I don't want to waste one for just $5.









I'm trying to decided if I want to just stain the top & paint the rest or do a 2-tone with the design on the top. Whaddya think?

If I were Miss Mustard Seed, I'm sure I'd know the best look for this table, but I'm not, so I'm kinda at a standstill with it.

My plan is to sell it, but the DH kinda has his eye on it, so who knows where it will actually end up? I could be happy either way. ;-)

Today, I've been working on getting my stuff prepared to ship off for the Cricut magazine pub (they don't give you a whole lot of time to get it shipped out with all the stuff they want). I also started working on the suitcase project. I can't dawdle on this stuff too long, DH & I are going out tonight for his birthday.

And with that note...
God Bless & have a great day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Tracy said...

$5.00 can;t pass that up.
Looking forward to what you end up doing with this puppy :)
Happy Birthday to your Hubby, enjoy your evening out :)

Brandi said...

Great find! I think staining the top and painting the rest is a great idea! Good luck with your project!!!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I like the idea of painting along with the design. Maybe the same color, but different tones? Something soft, yet graphic... Am I making sense?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...