Dec 29, 2009

Good scrappy news to me...

I got word last night that I didn't make the Reminisce design team, or even the top 5 for prizes, but I did get Honorable Mention!! So, that's pretty big to me, since I didn't even get THAT last year. There was only one spot open, so that makes it pretty limited for those entering. I was pretty happy with my entries. And if you look at my Reminisce Gallery, you can see I'm a HUGE fan of their product all year long! I was happy to see that the person that won wasn't a scrapbook celebrity, well at least I didn't recognize her name. In fact, I didn't recognize the names of the top 5 & I think it's important to give credit where credit is due & not just because you have a familiar name in the business. I KNOW there's great talent out there than just those that saturate the magazines & company design teams. I see it all the time & I'm not just talking about my own stuff either.

OK, enough from that soap box... Now I'm waiting to hear from Crop Addict this week to see who their picks are for their design team. I love their site & have been a BIG fan for a couple of years there. They give away awesome prizes on their challenges & even though I haven't gotten any of their kits, they are amazing.

The sun is finally shining here today & I'm really happy to see it too! I'm not tired of snow yet, but I am tired of gloomy, cloudy days. The sun won't last long (today only) before it gets cloudy & more snow with colder temps are to return tomorrow.

Well, I'm keeping it brief today, but I just gotta say that I'm getting the itch to scrapbook, but having Alan here while he's on vacation makes it kinda tough, since he wants to spend quality time together. I don't have a problem with that, but it can be a bit overwhelming to me at times. I'm used to being by myself most of my life, so I have a hard time giving up my ME time so much. I'm glad that he loves me so much & wants to spend time with me, since my first husband was the total opposite, so I'd rather have a totally devoted hubby than one that wasn't at all. For that I'm totally grateful.

Lately, I've been hearing about the scrapbooking idea of Scrap 365. Ummm, as much as I am passionate about scrapbooking, I'm not that obsessed. I have too many other priorities in my life, including making the memories that I want to scrap about, to dedicate that much time to my hobby. However, there is something that's called 12. This is where you scrap about each month, either one major thing or the month in an overview. I think I'd like to try this for 2010. It's doable for me even though I might forget to keep up on it. That's my downfall on these kinds of projects, forgetfulness. Oh well, we'll see how it pans out! Maybe it's something you too could consider trying? I'd love to see your work along the way on this, if you want to share.

Well, I'm going to end this update for now & get ready to go to Target to get a SDHC card (that stands for Super Duper High Cost-LOL!) for my new camera. It's a Sony H20 & it's a sweet thing, I just wished it had more internal memory to hold more than 3-4 pictures. I thought it took the same SD card that my old camera took, but it doesn't. Target has them on sale this week & we have a "coupon" for an additional 10% off our purchases for one day. Need to get some more Epson printer ink that's on sale too!

God Bless & take care!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on HM in the Reminisce Design Team search! I love your stuff and know that there were a ton of entries! I will for sure follow your blog!
Would love to more know about the monthly challenge you mentioned!

Cindy

🌈🌈🌈 said...

YAY BEth!! HM @ Reminisce.....aren't you speechless?! I'm proud of you for sticking with it and giving it your best. 2 Don't worry about the "quality time" it will eventually be over....snicker 3 Your new camera sounds wonderful, cant wait to see what you capture with it. 4 I KNOW you can do the 12!
Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...