Aug 4, 2009

Christmas in July

Before I explain the Christmas thing, I have to warn you that blogger is not Beth friendly, so if you see gaps & text that is trailing far behind the photos, just know that I can't get it to work the way "I think" it should and I apologize. Just keep scrolling down until see my siggy line.

Now, I think I got a bit of a late start on the whole Christmas in July thing & now I don't want to stop! I really shouldn't anyway, since I have a craft show to do in November that I need to get more stuff made to make any decent money. I have been doing a few cards, as I have a tendency to only dabble in this area of paper crafting. I will say that I was playing around with one of my newer Quickutz embossing folders & have come up with several different styles for the same design. This one started out to be a white on white card, but quickly took a right turn down the road of glitz & glam! I love how it turned out too! It's one of those really simple to do cards, but has such a WOW! factor that seems to really impress. THOSE are the kind of projects that I like.


















Dimensional View

















Inside
















I also picked up this primitive style paper mache box at a garage sale for $1. I wanted to make it sort of Christmasy to sell in the craft show, as well. I love the little primitive wreath that comes on the Joys of the Season cartridge from Cricut! The Joy word is from the Stamped cartridge for a bit of a rustic look. The box is a simple design, but that's how country primitive is in general.

I also made up some wedding cards using the Quickutz embossing folder with the frame, like the Christmas card You seen earlier. I made several different variations including an envelope that takes no time at all to do & yet makes quite the statement before you even open it up!
Photobucket

2 comments:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

No gaps! Blog looks like it's acting sane today! {snicker}

BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAYS Girly!!

Love your cards, you made them beautifully.

Andrea Amu said...

Ohhh, how I love that primitive box!! Great stuff here, Beth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...