Jul 6, 2009

Progress!!

Well, it feels good to feel like I'm making some creative progress right now. I managed to get 3 scrapbook pages completed and a gazing ball that's only been in the works for 2 years now! This may not seem like much to the big time designers out there, but I'm pretty sure that none of them are reading this blog.

First, this is my gazing ball that I made from a bowling ball that I found at a garage sale for $1. I spray painted it apple green & then took those flat marbles in different shades of blue & made a design all around the ball. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Now, let's hope it holds up to the weather like I was told it should!

















Next is my two page scrapbook spread I did using the new Bo Bunny Popsicle line. It is the cutest stuff!! I added a lot of dimension on here for all the different styles of water I wanted to depict, since I couldn't make up my mind which I wanted to choose. *snicker* I added Prima blue bling swirls to look like the water continues to spray up off the photo. Then, I added some Quickutz flourishes that have a neat little POP to them. I had to add some pop dots underneath to keep them lifted in a page protector & I also added dimensional glaze to the part that's lifted. I like the look of a tone on tone title & I added some pop dots to that as well, so help set it off a little better.




























Then, I finally got around to making another page for my wedding album. I am terribly slow at doing this one....we will be married 9 years on July 15th. I still have a long way to go yet.

I challenged myself with this Rusty Pickle Chocolate Covered Cherries line. I love the look of the papers, but sure had a hard time thinking I could make them work for me. I think I did OK with them for these photos. The photos are really bad, but I had to take a picture of a photograph, which weren't great ones to begin with.

Then, the 2nd photo is the inside of the flap I created with the scalloped Rusty Pickle paper I used. I found that it was a great way to add tons of journaling without taking away from the creative design of the page. It makes for an interactive page, which I like. So, I might be using this technique again. I have not seen it anywhere else, so I'd like to think the idea is totally my own!

The journaling tells about how my husband and I made each of the individual cake stands ourselves. They were truly unique - kinda like us!

Well, I'll call it a day for today & hope everyone had a safe & fun July 4th.

God Bless and have a great day!
PhotobucketAdd Video

6 comments:

Jennifer Stutzman said...

cool! How did you adhere the flat marbles?

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Great projects woman!

rose said...

oh love waht you did with the bowling bowl,no wonder it has taken 2 years,like me it is one of those things you pick up and do abit and something gets in way and the you restart
awesome layouts love them

Cami said...

Beth...I love that ball!!! I also love the 3D water drops on your pages!! Super Work

kate blue said...

the bowling ball is freaking awesome...love the way you did the water look/feel on your layouts; I'm inspired to try the technique...very cool!

Karen Pinsonat said...

great layouts Beth! and that bowling ball is AWESOME!!! I may try my hand at that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...