Jun 13, 2009

I'm getting caught up....I think!

I have to say, it's been a busy month for doing projects that have deadlines. I've met most of them, but still dwindling away to finish the last touches on others. I had to complete a baby book before the end of May for my sister's staff manager. Here is the post showing that book. It's pretty simple, but since she's not a scrapbooker by any means, she thought it was amazing. I was happy with how it turned out, considering I did 13 pages AND the cover, inside & out, in less than a week! If anyone knows me, I don't pump out the projects all that quickly, so this was a major accomplishment for me!

Below is a graduation card I made for the son of some friends of ours. I had just used a pretty simple design & added some touches of orange, since his school colors are orange & black. I haven't heard his or his mother's thoughts on the card yet, but I hope they liked it.

















Next, is a word sign that I altered by special order for a lady that frequented my booth at a spring craft show. She loved the ones I had, but none of them matched her decor & asked if I could do a special order. It took me 2 months to get it done because I was having some difficulty finding the tan, brown & sage green in patterned papers. Finally, when The Memory Zone had totally redid their inventory, they must have decided to bring out some of their old stuff & there it was! Not that old, but a bit older Making Memories papers that were perfect, oh so I had hoped....

I finished the sign in a day & showed it to her & she said she "absolutely loved it!" The colors were perfect. I hope she wasn't just saying that, but she seemed genuinely happy with the sign.

I know you might not be able to see some of the details, but the "F" & "L" are embossed with some Cuttlebug embossing folders. Maybe, if you click on the picture, it might show you a larger image. So then, I also took the same green embossed paper & put it under the leaf cutouts on the "M" for another little added interest. The lady thought there might be others that she works with that might want one of their own, so she asked me for my name & phone #. I guess we'll see!

Well, I think I will call it a day today. Been really busy with 2 Bible school sessions & swimming lessons every day. I'm kinda whooped!

God Bless & have a great day!
Beth

1 comment:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Love those creations Beth! The FAMILY decor is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...