Dec 9, 2013

A Dicken's Christmas Lamp Post


Christmas decor, Merry Christmas, lamp post, Christmas lantern, holiday

"'Tis the Season" as they say this time of year! Around here though, 'tis the season of crafting & craziness! I barely have the first decoration up yet in the house ... thank goodness we have a wee bit of a dusting of snow outside to give you a little bit of that Christmas feeling at MY house. 

I finally finished my last craft show of the year and it has been a whirlwind year for me. I was up until 1:00 a.m. the night before trying to finish some last minute projects & still didn't get a few others done that was on the list, but only because I couldn't find some of the materials needed to complete them. They've gotten "misplaced" in all the madness. I'm trying to locate them & clean up now, so I'm hoping they appear so I can finish them up & save them to have a head start for next year's holiday craft show madness. Sometimes it's all about shortcuts, even if I have to store them for 11 months. It will be a nice surprise when I discover them next year!

I already shared with you the pretty Christmas suitcase I made, which there were 3 made & sold. 

Then there was the little bitty Elf Christmas tree in a wooden boot. If you missed it, you need to check it out.

Today, I'm showing off my Dicken's style Christmas Lamp Post.


christmas lamp post, candle holder, lantern, Christmas lantern, holiday decor, porch decor, Christmas porch.
It sort of reminded me of a lamp post you might see in a Dicken's Christmas Carol. It was originally a honey brown wood tone when I got it, but I thought it would be more striking in black. I think it really makes the red & white candy stripes really pop!

 Christmas lamp post, christmas decor, repurposed
I made the little sign myself & I am so happy that I was able to make that candy stripe bow...I'm not good at making bows to begin with, but this ribbon was super stiff. I had a hard time twisting it so that the white backside wouldn't show, yet not look like a wadded up mess, but I got it & I actually like it! Even my 21 year old son was impressed & he could care less about how my crafts look. 


I just added some home grown grapevines, some skimpy tufts of wired greenery & the ever popular pip berries in red & white, which completes the final touches to the post portion.

I hope some of you are able to create some holiday crafts either to sell or just to add your own personal charm to your own home. Which ever it is, just enjoy the creative process.

 Photobucket 
I'm linking to these parties:

Remodelaholic

http://thediydreamer.com/from-dream-to-reality/97-party-time/





3 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is cute and reminds me of Dickens too

Cynthia

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's super cute! I think Dickens too, but with just some greenery it could be Narnia. Great job!!! XOXO

Tracy said...

This is beautiful.
I think I may have to copy this…but I have to figure out how to make it first.
I really, really love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...