Mar 8, 2012

Hello!!

I have been busy lately. I can't say that I've gotten anything finished in all this busy-ness, but with the warmer temperatures, it's getting me motivated to do something more than I've been doing the past 2 months, which seems to only be gaining weight and surfing the internet.

So with my extra weight cargo, I got my cargo in gear and started getting some things cleaned out that I've been saving for a garage sale. I had every intention of having at least ONE last year, but the hubby couldn't fit it into his schedule (he needed to clean out the garage) and it didn't happen.  So I did the next best thing instead and I took my daughter's old clothes in for my virgin excursion to a consignment store for children's clothes. It was a learning experience, yet decent enough that I will go back now that I know what to expect. I got a small amount of cash and decent amount as an in-store credit that I'll be sure to use!

*******************************************
Another project I started, but have not finished yet, is to get a few things organized in the laundry room closet. Mainly this top shelf.
 
It's always a disaster waiting to happen, and many have happened because I'm kinda short and can't really reach it well, since I'm only 5'2" (~sigh!*).  So I decided to pick up a couple of nice baskets at Walmart the other day. 

 I got this one for $5 and it was the last one!
I put all the loose electrical cords in this one.


 
 
I liked this straight and narrow basket for putting my paper sacks in that I use to put all my paper/lt. cardboard items in for recycling. Although, I don't like the way the bottom of this basket is made so much. It has the loose edges of the twigs sticking out and they "catch". I can see them breaking off over time :^(

I learned a folding trick for the sacks from someone's blog (gosh! I wish I could recall whose it was...) and it keeps them nice and neat looking and easy to store in this basket!  Here are the steps to folding them:
 



storing, organization, paper sack



 Here's the top shelf of the closet now! See how the sacks fit nicely in that basket all folded up?  ~LOVE IT!!
organizing bags


After that, I realized I was tired of all the boxes & pkgs. of light bulbs we have just tossed in the closet all hap-hazardly, so they got a basket too!  They didn't all fit, but it's still a huge improvement.

 Ahhhh! 

The closet still needs tons more work yet, but just those 3 things gave me some relief. (Don't even ask about all the spray paint cans or the way my hubby spells "candels" ;^)

*********************************************
Now on Wednesday, I worked on furniture and it nearly killed my arm. My carpal tunnel was bothering me so bad that night, I had to take some Ibuprofen before bed.

Here's what I worked on. I sanded the top of this the best I could.
oak table
I thought it was the coolest coffee table I'd seen in a long time AND it's solid oak! I bought it at a garage sale last summer for nearly a steal! I guess money wasn't a concern for the sellers, since they are millionaires. I just couldn't believe no one bought it by 2 o'clock in the afternoon which is when I finally showed up, especially for the price I paid. (sorry, gotta keep the price top secret cuz I plan on selling it when I'm done with it) 

I sanded the top because it had a lot moisture damage on one end, but it sanded out wonderfully. Now I'm trying to decide how I want to do her up. Paint the whole thing? Stain the top and paint the rest? Hmmm...any suggestions from anyone with a good eye?


Then, this is the other piece I sanded.
furniture
Sorry about the bad angle of this photo, but I was doing the sanding on my front porch....that's our firewood you see behind the table. I found this table at my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore along with another end table. I haven't started that other one yet. It cost more than the coffee table, but not by much.

And I was only able to start these new projects because . . . . . 

drumroll

please
.
.
.

I FINALLY finished the mini album I've only been working on for nearly a year! I actually started it in May, but what's a couple of months? Remember this?

Let's hope that I can get some pictures and maybe even a video made of it for next week.

 Photobucket
Parties I'm linking to:


9 comments:

Tracy said...

Yah, your finished your mini album, wish I could say the same for me ;)
Can't wait to see it.
You know I had to scroll up to see your hubby's candel box, teehee.
Isn't it such a sense of accomplishment to organize a closet or shelf :)

Melody said...

Beth, I have followed your blog for several months. I am looking forward to seeing your mini album.
I have a few in the works but have not really finished any. Maybe yours will give me the kick I need
to finish. ;^}

Beth said...

I'm so glad you stopped in to say Hi today! Thank you for following my blog and I am following yours too!

I hope to get brave enough to do a video of the mini, but if I chicken out, there will at least be lots of photos!

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

Oh, Beth, you've just reminded me that there are a few spots in my home that need this kind of attention :)
Looking forward to see your mini album and that lovely furniture re-done.
Cheers!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thank you for stopping by my lil'blog and leaving a sweet comment :)
... the bowl on top of the scale didn't come with it, but it sure fits :)

Greetings from Australia♥

The White Pear Tree said...

Hello Beth, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love your organizational tips, we can all use some! And I love the tables you found, can't wait to see them finished!

Beth said...

Thanks Donata! Hopefully you'll be seeing the mini album here this week and the other stuff pretty soon, as well! Thanks for stopping by!

Beth said...

Thanks for stopping by Pernilla! I love that bowl and it looks amazing with the scale!

Beth said...

Thanks for stopping in at my blog!

I loved your chair and I'm saving it for inspiration some day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...