Here are some of the signs that I made that sold. They were each made from a cabinet door. The lettering was all done with my Cricut. This first one was made using the Billionaire cartridge.
This was made from a really cool looking large fishing lure that has usable hooks. The font used on this was one of the early Cricut carts called Stamped. It has a rugged primitive look to it that I really like. The little story behind this one and the next is that my husband is so "over" seeing the "Live Laugh Love" quotes on everything and just made a little joke about how I should do that with these fish signs, but put Fish in there for the last word instead. I thought he was onto something there, so I went with his idea and they both sold. The funny thing is, I had these for 2 years now without being on a sign & they obviously wouldn't sell, so it was a good gamble that paid off. And yes, I charged even more for adding the sign work. ;^)
Sorry about the poor photo quality on this image. This is another large fishing lure and it also had the same Stamped cartridge used for the font, with a slightly different quote.
Sorry again about the bad picture quality. This is a wooden box that was originally painted creamy ivory with foam stamped Christmas trees and heart on it. This is what it looks like after I finished distressing it and adding some cute canning jars with candles, painting the lid rings a rustic brown and adding some greenery with berries.
When I found this, I thought it so cool and so BIG for a tea strainer ball in the shape of an acorn. I painted it with some metallic spray paints to actually look like an acorn and added some more cute greenery with berries. Oh! And I put a little jingle bell on the inside too!
Here is one of my pride and joy creations. I just love how it turned out! It's a Holiday/Winter themed birdhouse on a rusty and distressed pitchfork that I found at a flea market. The handle was broke, so my dear sweet hubby made me a post and being on the frugal side that
Here is a small Dutch shoe I found last week at the local Salvation Army. They only had one, so I made it into an ornament. I was kind of perplexed on how to go about doing the design since the hanging hole is on the one side of the shoe, it causes it to hang at an angle. So I put the larger snowflake design slightly off center and did the border around the opening. It didn't sell though, but I love the colors.
My friend and I have our booth space(s) on the stage in the facility that holds the show. Here is one corner of my portion by the stair entry. My hubby made me a large pegboard display wall that works out really nicely for my signs.
This one is hard to really make out since it overlooks the main floor booths, so it's hard to make out what's my stuff and clutter. I didn't take nearly as much as I should have, but it worked out good and it was less that I had to carry back home!
This is another one of my tables that was next to a walkway ramp. Again, I didn't have enough stuff to fill my area, but at least you could see everything I had. (And no, I didn't miss a word on the chalkboard, it was hidden behind the star organizer.)
I even had customers request that I make some additional items for this week's sale. One lady remembered the ice skates I made last year and wants one. Another lady wanted me to make another faux grain sack pillow for her. It's almost done and the skates are half done.
This is a sign I started to make for the last show, but it got messed up in the process and the "patches" didn't help, so needless to say, it didn't get to go with the rest of the group. However, after a little thinking and another discussion with the hubby, he sent my little ADD brain in another direction than he was actually going and I came up with really good fixes!
How do you like it? I think it's very striking. I'm trying to decide if I should change out the rusty jingle bells for red ones instead. That was my 8 yr olds suggestion anyway. You see, when I did the masking for the letters, some of the painters tape peeled off tiny bits of the white paint. Grrr! Hubby told me to touch up with the same spray paint using a brush. It worked OK, but not great by any means. Plus, I must not have had the tape down good in a spot on the frame and had a bit of the red paint bleed through onto it. Ugh! Well, I had some sparkly white snowflake buttons from my scrapbook stash and used those to cover up the dots and I used the red and white rope cording to fill in the ridge that had the red paint on it. You can hardly tell a thing. It's still not perfect, but I think it's good enough to make it's debut for the next show!
Here is another sign screw up I had that I managed to re-invent the night before the show. This one was a total mess before it got to this! I won't even bore you more with what all went wrong with this poor thing. BUT! I think I did it justice in a delightful way. I like it so much, I might just make one for myself too! This one sold early in the day. The letters were again cut with my Cricut using the Cindy Loo cartridge.
OK, so this was long, but I had lots of photos for you to see. I know it's been a little while since I've shared anything worthwhile on here and as much as I would love to spread it out through the week, I have more things to get made and a lot of space to fill!
I am linking up to these parties: Funky Junk Interiors and Chic On A Shoestring and Coastal Charm
and House of Hepworths
God Bless and have a great day!