Oct 4, 2011

Fall is Halloween Time and MORE Witches Hats

Sorry....I know, I already did a post on the witches hats I made, but I didn't have them done in all the colors nor did I care for how the picture turned out. One of my friends said that maybe the pictures didn't do them justice.... Which to me, that makes it sound like she wasn't impressed with them. So I thought maybe, just maybe, and most likely, the picture didn't do them justice. Perhaps these won't either, but I think they look better than the other shot I took of the 2 together. At least now I have my fall mantel done to help out a little more.

This is the green trimmed one, which looks a little washed out and more yellow looking in this photo.


This is the mustard trimmed one that seems to go really well with my mantel decor and the butter yellow shutters.


Here is the orange trimmed one. This is the first one I made and the brim is a bit smaller than the others because I made that larger after this one.


And here is the purple trimmed one. I was kinda worried about how the color would turn out for the trim around the hat, but I actually nailed it with what I had in my mind. That's not something that happens very often in my world.


 Here is my mantel decorated up for the fall season (without the witches hats). I will be adding some Halloween stuff later this week or next. Too many other things in my schedule to be worrying about that right now. We didn't have a mantel in this room when we first moved here. My hubby started making one the first winter he was laid off, but didn't finish it until this last winter when he lost his job. The only thing we had to buy was the trim pieces, so it was basically a $25 mantel. Since my hubby is hoarder like myself, he had all the wood he needed from scrap pieces that were being thrown away at job sites he worked at. Frugal is so good! Now I'm still debating about whether I want add a medallion of some sort to the front or just leave it blank so I can change out vinyl words or sayings. I'm leaning towards the latter, but then again I hate to waste vinyl that I'm going to throw away. I could make custom sized signs to hang there and then switch them out when needed. We'll see.


Well hey! Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love for you to leave me some comments. You don't have to tell me you love me, or my stuff (unless you do love my stuff), just let me know you stopped in! tee hee... ;^)

God Bless and have a great day!

Linking up to Up to the October Halloween party over at While He was Napping blog.

Photobucket
Other parties I'm linking to:


10 comments:

Tracy said...

Well I do LOVE your stuff and I ain't just saying that either.
I really liked the witches hats the first time you showed them. They are so cool. I think me needs one ;)
I really love your mantel, we don't have one. I always wanted one, not so much because I love fires, but to decorate it for the changing of the seasons :)

Screaming Sardine said...

Your witches' hats are adorable. I love how they can look different with different colors and embellishments. Love your mantel, too. Makes me wish I had one!

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

I love the hats too! I love to see how the look changes with the different colors. The yellow does look great with your shutters.

Sandy Ang said...

I love your hat ! reminds me of the one from Harry Potter

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

All the hats look wonderful and filled with personality! I couldn't pick one over the other if I tried :)

Andrea Amu said...

I'm here! It sure has been awhile since I've had time to go blog surfing... I've really been working lots of hours the past month, which is nice when the paycheck comes, but, time-wise... not so good!

I just love your hats, Beth... I'm sure they were a huge hit at your craft shows! Your mantle is very nice and festive too! I love the idea of doing vinyl signs for hanging on the front to change out from season to season! You must get on those!

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

LOVE your hats!!! Very cool!! :)

halloween costumes said...

Hi there

Amazing hat… I liked the top of the hat

Thanks,
Jonathan

TheMoonAndMe said...

Now I REALLY wish I lived closer. I could get a snowman chair AND a cool witch hat. These are really awesome!
Kelly

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Fantastic hat! Thank you for sharing this at my Make It Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...