May 13, 2011

A Card & that's it

Actually, I have been working on a number of different projects, but things have gotten a bit crazy around here. I made 2 cards, but forgot to take a picture of the first one that was a Sympathy card for my uncle & his daughter. My aunt Jennie passed away on Mother's Day, and it was quite unexpected, since she was only 51. Since they are Jehovah's Witnesses, the holiday isn't celebrated & so it won't have tragic memory attached to it for my cousin. My aunt was a great lady & just fun to be around & talk to. She made my husband feel right at home when we first got married & she would include him in card games at family gatherings like he's been there forever. She LOVED to cook & was very good at it too! Unfortunately, that was her downfall in the end. She would cook all the time & there was only 3 in their family, but she cooked like she was preparing for an army. I feel bad for their daughter & that her mother will never see her get married or her grandchildren.

Aunt Jennie was a wonderful lady & great person and she will be missed by so many of us.

Now about the other card.


It's not that great, but it's not that bad either. Simple. It was made for one of my other aunts. A year ago, she made my daughter a handmade teddy bear & I never got around to sending her a thank you card. Since we were all going to the same funeral, I figured I should get it done. I think this teddy bear cut on A Child's Year Cricut cartridge is one of my favorites. Maybe because it reminds me of the teddy bear I had as a child. I cut it from a raspberry colored flocked paper because I was looking from texture. Isn't that what teddy bears are for? Soft to the touch & cozy feeling? The "Thank You" is from the Storybook cartridge, I think?

I also made a couple of gifts, but I am not going to post them because I seen that there is a call for publication that they may fit in. So, we'll see at a later date. If I don't forget.

God bless & have a great day!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sorry for your loss, she sounds like she was a loving woman.
Your card is so cute, love that you used flocked paper, perfect for the teddy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...