Apr 26, 2011

Thrift Stores

I have nothing crafty again today, but I'm getting there. I promise. I have noticed that I've been a bit on the whiney & a complainer lately, but things just seem to really be spiraling out of control these days. I mean, I went to my local Salvation Army thrift store today & they had a nice mirrored dresser in there. They wanted $125 for it & it still needs finished! And yet, I have a really cute one myself that I've been trying to sell on Craigslist for $100 and can't get any takers. I just wish I could get my hubby to let me refinish the ones we're selling, but he doesn't want to put the effort into them just to turn around and sell them. I don't understand why not. They didn't cost us anything. I think we could get the money he's wanting for them if we just painted them a vintage white instead of the 50's funky looking white wash paint that has been yellowed over time.

I also priced a set of 3 candle holders at the thrift store & they were asking $5 a piece for each piece! I did find a pair of ice skates, but I'm hoping to get those half price along with the candle holders. It's not this week.

I thought the idea of a thrift store was that their prices were for the thrifty.... I guess I'm too thrifty even for the thrift store! I know everyone expects me to practically give my stuff away, but their stuff is gold & priceless! what. ever.

One of my favorite shows is American Pickers. Man, I would love to make my living that way! I just don't know all that they know about all the stuff they do. Wouldn't that be the coolest tho? My problem would be that I'd want to keep everything I buy instead of reselling it. I sometimes have that problem now with some of the crafts I make. I've spent so many years selling stuff I've made for myself, that now I have a tendency to make something to sell & I keep it instead. Funny how things have a way of turning around, eh?

Well, enough of my complaining post for today. I'll try to get motivated tomorrow to work on the tumbler, frame & card I'm supposed to be making. I know. I procrastinate too much. I'm outta here.

God Bless & have a great day!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Ya stop complaining already eh, lol just kidding.
I seem to want to keep a lot of the things I make as well, but I don't think I will be needing a baby boy mini album anytime soon,lol.
I have a tendency to hoard my cards though.
I understand what you mean about the thrift stores though, too pricey for my taste most of the time.

Andrea Amu said...

Haha! I totally understand about wanting to keep some things that are made for selling! I do that too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...