Dec 6, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

How is the weather in your neck of the woods? If you're in the Eastern half of the United States, then it's probably cold & snowy! Right now, we're in a break with the beautiful sun shining and blue skies peaking out of the wispy clouds, but that can all change in a heartbeat around here in Northern Indiana. We're so close to Lake Michigan that it's not uncommon for us to get hit some threatening snow storms all because of a condition called Lake Effect snow. We haven't gotten it as bad as they were predicting, but there's still another day of it possible, I guess.

I haven't posted any pictures of anything I have made in a while. And to be honest, I haven't made anything since my craft show. I also don't like to show too much of the stuff I sell, since there are so many people out there looking for ideas themselves - myself included! So, I like to keep some of my best kept secrets a secret. I already know I'll have many copy cats of my things next year. It's just easier to copy the stuff than buy it.

So, here's a card that I actually made earlier this year & never got around to posting. I just love the Teresa Collins stuff! This line, and I can't even recall which one it is, was perfect for making cards, since the sentiments are already made up on the card stock!

It's not easy to tell in this picture, but the scalloped sentiment is pop dotted & then I cut out diamond shapes from the same line of coordinating paper & black card stock from the Provocraft Jasmine cartridge. I really liked the slight curve of the lines. I added the butter cream colored flowers to match the same color of the bottom layer design & some black pearls for centers finished them off. I think the bottom layer had some other kind of sentiment that didn't work with what I had in mind, but I love blue & yellow together, so I was able to make it all work with layering one sentiment over another. I embossed the center black diamond shape in the herringbone design to repeat the printed pattern of the other diamond shapes.



















I was just out & boy, has the wind really picked up & it feels so bitterly cold now! Ugh! I think tonight would be the perfect hot chocolate night snuggled up on the couch with my family with a big crackling fire going in the fireplace watching some fun holiday shows while eating freshly baked Christmas cookies. Mmmmmm.....sounds perfect & even hubby's unemployment can't dash this kind of fun.

God Bless & have a great day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...