Jun 20, 2009

New project to share...

My dear Memory Zone Design Team Co-Member, Kelly C. came up with a great challenge for the month of June. 

Since I love the idea of using craft paper with red as the main accent color, that I just had to participate this time. Plus, I had just gotten a few pics of Brooke picking strawberries the other day, so I figured I better get at least one of them scrapped. She wasn't very fond of the process, or the heat that day, & she definitely wasn't expecting the BUGS! OMG!! So, I may never get her to go strawberry picking again. (tsk!)



I used my Cricut to create most of the designs on my page using Home Accents, Home Decor, George & Lyrical Letters.

You can't see clearly that I used pop-dots on the berries in the corners, along the berry border at the bottom of the picture & the ladybug.

I wanted a patterned paper with strawberries on it, but all I could find was this sweet Creative Imaginations Cherry paper, so I took my Black Diamond Stickles to add "seeds" & turn the cherries into strawberries (sorta). I thought the white flowers sorta looked like strawberry blossoms & they add some nice contrast to the page, or so I think.

I was very pleased with how the page turned out & love how striking it is & yet simple. This was a true test of how good my new printer works for printing borderless photos too, & I am thrilled with the quality of the Epson Workforce 500! It also makes your photos water-resistant! And they are, to a certain extent, of course. I mean, let's be reasonable, paper is only paper.

Tomorrow is Father's Day & I pretty much have Alan covered, even though we'll only be spending the morning with him. He has to work on a side job, unfortunately, so he won't be spending the beautiful day with his family or finishing up the pool deck. That really stinks for him & us. But bless his heart, he's doing it for his family. I do plan to make him breakfast sandwiches, since that's what he's chosen & he doesn't get to have them very often, because Brooke usually wants baycakes (her word for pancakes since forever!) then, we got him a new cell phone & a Weird Al video DVD & some 80's DVD set that he had requested a looooong time ago. Jordan paid for the Weird Al DVD & a pool theremometer. I hope he's happy with his gifts, but he WILL complain about something, mark my words!

On the other hand, I think I need to be heading to Lowes, or a local restaraunt, to get my own father a gift certificate, because otherwise I don't know what to get him. He doesn't want for anything & never says that he wants anything. He was wanting a flagpole at one time, but I think he has put that wish aside as they're not sure if they're staying in the house they have right now or not.

OK, so that's enough ramblings for right now. It's hot out today & I've been inside the air conditioning for most of the day, so I think I should go out & enjoy some heat for a change!

God Bless & have a good day!
Beth

2 comments:

Jennifer Stutzman said...

cute page! :) I love the color combo.

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Great page....love your color combo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...