Feb 11, 2008

Blah Paradise...

Well, it's just another day in Blah Paradise, that is if you like blah! Today is cold again, the flood waters are going down, but the ones that aren't down are now frozen ice rinks. Not my thing either! I just want it to be warmer, even just in the 40's warmer! We had some sun Sat. afternoon & that helped, but not enough for my cold bones.

I think I'm going to have to break down & go to the dentist very soon. I have an old filling that I think has seen it's day & I will probably have to have a crown now. It's killing me to eat or drink stuff. Hmmmmm....maybe that New Year's Resolution is trying to force me to keep my word by losing a few pounds because I'm not being able to eat. Nah! The other side of my mouth doesn't hurt, so that CAN'T be it! I can still eat on that side.

I have been working on a couple of things for my DT projects that are due in the next few weeks. I'm supposed to do a page layout for my "Dares" challenge about something that Pisses Me Off! Ummm...finding a topic isn't hard for me at all, it's coming up with the concept to fit the anger. Maybe just a page full of hyroglyphics & a picture! Or, maybe a picture of my ex-husband with his face all scratched up in ink! Yeah! That's a good one! ROFL (by the way, I was informed by my fellow DT member KellyC, that ROFL is a form of exercise!) There you have it! I value her opinion highly too! I'll tell that to the doc when she asks if I exercise on a regular basis. Well now, I've digressed too much, so I'll move on.

I'm also working on doing a Tinkerbell mini-book using one of the Basic Grey mini chipboard books. It has a lot of pages to it, so I doubt I'll complete every single one, but I'll have plenty left as it is. I've almost finished the cover & am happy with the results so far. I have to say that this is a challenge too because the only other chipboard book I've completed is one that I had page for page picture instructions on. I just added a few other things for my own personal character, but it was all their idea. This Tinkerbell book will be all my own creation. Well, the front cover is all my own so far, I may need inspiration from somewhere else on the rest of the pages, but I have small ideas that keep coming to me. I'd like to be able to say it is all totally my own.

Sat. I had to do a demo at The Memory Zone scrapbook Store for their month long promotion. I was selected to demo the Basic Grey Notch & Die tool because I have this tool & created a layout & a gift bag using it. I had a blast doing the demo, but I think Kelly C had even more fun with it. She has such a fun personality that I think she could probably be a better sales person than me. They did have a customer that must have been so impressed with my picture frame, that she carted it around in her shopping cart all through the store until she got to my table to ask me about how I made the frame. She ended up buying the rest of the Fancy Pants paper that I used & she also purchased 3 of the Making Memories 4x6 transparency books, because she liked my idea of using them in the glass opening of the frame. That made me feel good to know that something I made impressed someone so much that they thought it was worth going overboard on it! Now I know it's not just me that does that! LOL

Well, the rest of the laundry is calling & I need to start getting myself around to go to the dr. Fun, fun, fun...

2 comments:

Jeni Glee said...

You just crack me up, Beth! I so love reading your blog; you make everyday things so great to read about. I enjoyed reading about your DT experiences; isn't it wonderful to be able to see the influence and inspiration you give to others? Being a shop DT must be a blast plus a lot of work. I admire you in every way!

🌈🌈🌈 said...

here's some pissed off inspiration!
http://www.flickr.com/groups/570926@N21/
this is the final round for the Dares last scrapper standing vol 2 contest!
(hint hint....i'm pinkprincessbuttery!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...